Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using software TNC modems

Options

Has anyone had success using a software Packet modem such as Soundmodem or Packet Engine Pro with their Flex 6XXX. I have been trying to use Winlink Packet with each of the mentioned programs to operate Packet on 2 Meters with my transverter and Flex6400M but have had no success. If anyone knows of a published solution I would be grateful for that information. If anyone has another option for operating Packet Radio with the Flex I would be very interested.

73 to all,

J.C. - W4QK

Answers

• Dave Garber
    Dave Garber Member ✭✭
    Options

are you at least getting the tnc recognized by the software, as far as a com port, or audio in/out???

• J.C. W4QK
    J.C. W4QK Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Dave,

Yes the software TNC is recognized and everything seems to be correct but I can never get a connection. I have tried connecting Peer to Peer with a friend 2 miles away as well as through a Digipeater 20 miles away. My local friend can hear me transmit but does not decode my connection.

I see that I am transmitting but I always get a disconnect. I have attached a couple of screen shots to show what I am seeing. Thanks for your interest in helping out.

J.C.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.