Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

2.7.3 installation failed

Larry Benoit
Larry Benoit Member ✭✭
edited May 2021 in SmartSDR for Windows

I've made several attempts to install 2.7.3 on a MS Surface Laptop 3 with the latest required updates. The laptop has a properly working installation of 2.6.2 and two previous versions. I use the laptop regularly for local and remote operations without no issues.

After accepting all defaults and clicking on the "Install" button, the installer begins with the usual "Please wait while setup..." and immediately closes without any error message.

A check on the file system shows that NO SmartSDR 2.7.3 folders were created in the program files folder. Neither the native Windows 10 virus scanner (Virus and threat protection) or Windows firewall logged any activity blocking the installer, though I disabled both on subsequent retries to no avail. Device manager shows the previous version of FlexRadio VSP remains installed.

The only artefact I could find of the failed installation was firewall authorizations for a UDP and TCP connection for SmartSDR 2.7.3

Separately, I've installed 2.7.3 on desktop PC with Windows 8.1and successfully updated the firmware on a 6600.

In the meantime, I've opened a support ticket. Has anyone encountered and resolved the bug?

Larry KB1VFU

Best Answer

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Larry, I had exactly the same and raised a ticket with another version, this worked for me so you could try it?

1. Right click on the .exe file for the new version where you downloaded it
    2. Select Troubleshoot compatibility
    3. Choose 'Try recommended settings'
    4. Click 'Test the program

This should then run through the install process as normal.

Rich

Answers

• Larry Benoit
    Larry Benoit Member ✭✭

Thanks, Rick, that worked!

Rather odd bug -- the installation was successful without the need to troubleshoot compatibility on a Surface Pro 5 with same WIN10 OS and build (20H2 build 19042.928). And, both had properly working installations of 2.6.2

Larry KB1VFU

• Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭

8/2/2021

Rick,

Worked here too. Flex 6500, SDR 2.7.6 Windows 10 - version 21H1, build 19043.1110

Many Thanks,

Ned, K1NJ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.