Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can I downgrade from 3.2.34 to 2.7.3?

KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
edited May 2021 in SmartSDR for Windows

@Tim - W4TME

Hi Tim, I just upgraded from 3.2.31 to 3.2.34 without a hitch and so far it is working perfectly - Thanks!

I want to test out my TeensyMaestro using 2.7.3, but am concerned about downgrading due to the VSP driver update. Can I safely do this downgrade and then safely come back to 3.2.34? If the new VSP drivers are the same for 2.7.3 as for 3.2.34, then I would think so, but I don't want to make any assumptions.

Best Answer

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi Len,

2.7.3 and 3.2.34 use the same VSP and DAX drivers.

One word of caution, if you loaded 3.2.31 do not use those profiles. It is in the release notes for 3.2.34.

Dave wo2x

Answers

• KD0RC

Thanks Dave, that is what I thought, but I wanted to be sure. I do not plan on using any profiles, I just need to test that my TeensyMaestro firmware continues to work under V 2.7. So far, the API has been very consistent across versions. I had a small issue regarding the Arduino library handling of the incoming data with the move to 3.2.31, but I found a quick way around the issue. 3.2.34 seems to be working very well from a SmartSDR and from an API perspective. So far I have not had to fix anything.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Great! That is a fun project you are working on.

Dave wo2x

• KD0RC

Was able to downgrade to 2.7.3 and back to 3.2.34 without incident. API and SmartSDR both work great in both versions. I loaded my 3.1.12 profiles from before 3/30/21 when 3.2.31 was introduced. No problems with them either.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.