Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I would like to ORDER a cable from a Heil Pro 7 to a flex 6600 ana a cable (mike) from a PR 781 mike

Options
How do ai make these orders? Tom Vickers N4TV 901-854-9912

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Did you want to connect your 781 to the balanced audio input jack or the pseudo-balanced microphone input jack?

• tvicker1
    tvicker1 Member
    Options
    The balanced audio input jack
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2021
    Options

Flex offers a 3 pin XLR balanced line-in audio cable for Flex 6600 for $23.99.

The 3 pin XLR end fits the 781 and the 3 conductor 1/4 inch end fits the balanced audio input jack on the 6600. I use a foot switch for PTT control.

• tvicker1
    tvicker1 Member
    Options
    Yes, will this work with both the mike cable and the Headset? Do I need one or two?
  • K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You don't need a special cable for the Pro 7 to Flex 6600.

The Heil Pro 7 headset is supplied with two cables (one is coiled and the other is straight). Each cable has a 1/8 inch TRS connector which interfaces with the headphone output on the 6600 and a 1/8 inch TS mic connector (two conductor tip sleeve) which will plug into the MIC input on the 6600. Select the mic input in SSDR, it works for me. I have a mix 31 fairrite clamp on installed on the cable as insurance against RFI in the mic.

My 6600 sits where the stock Pro7 cable is a little short and I wanted the cable to be routed under the operating table, I used two 6 foot stereo extension cables to extend the Pro 7 wiring. After 2 years no trouble doing this.

I use a Behringer 8500 on the 6600 balanced input and use mic profiles to select which mic input I use.

Gayle K0FLY

• tvicker1
    tvicker1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the help Gayle, it is very greatly appreciated..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.