Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Audio Issue in my new 6600M

I just un-boxed my new 6600m in my shack . It appears to have an audio issue. Not as noticeable in the internal speaker and external speaker too
Noise start when my radio start up
Sounds like static discharge inclusive when moving my dial too ..this radio only have few week , I reset the radio few time but the noise continue in CW ,SSb and digital mode too.
Any solution?

Best Answer

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Just for grins if you have edited and saved profiles export them in SmartSDR then do a hard factory reset.

It may have had some weird data in it when it shipped and hard resetting it will let you start with a clean slate so to speak.

Then see if it sounds better, then you can re-import your profiles being careful NOT to IMPORT your preferences this should get you almost back to where you began without the noise in your audio.

Answers

• N1SH
    N1SH Member ✭✭

I get a pop when starting the radio. It does not persist or happen after I get things up and running though.

• Schaldem
    Schaldem Member
    I have SmartSDR for mac. On startup, I hear static when the sound is muted, I just enable sound and then mute sound and the static goes away until the next restart.
  • wp3a00
    wp3a00 Member ✭✭
    this static is all the time even more so when I move the dial or move the volume of the radio ... and at all times that I am receiving ...
  • wp3a00
    wp3a00 Member ✭✭
    I have not done profiles yet, I have reset the factory several times, I have installed the software 2 times as well and it continues even more when I move the radio buttons, it is as if it were electric discharge, it is very annoying.
  • wp3a00
    wp3a00 Member ✭✭
    I have the example Audio but I need the email for sent to you and listen the issue....
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

if you have done all that already you may want to send in a help desk ticket,

I do have a question do you have ANY of your DSP filtering on?

WNB, NR, NB or ANF If so try turning them off and give a listen, These require very low settings so you don't get static on strong stations.

You can send me a screen grab of the spectrum screen and a audio clip if you like at wx7y at arrl.net

maybe I can give you an idea

• wp3a00
    wp3a00 Member ✭✭

ok i sent the audio ... ....yes all is off all filter....i put the ticket today ...anyway my audio go via you email...tnx

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Got them and listened to them and I know when my FLEX 6700 and / or 6600M does that I have to do a hard reset and the radio is back working good for a month or so.

I know you have done that already so just have to wait for service to get back to you.

sorry that didn't help

• wp3a00
    wp3a00 Member ✭✭
    If I have done it on several occasions, I hope that flex can solve it since I just bought this 6600M and another one that is on the way in several weeks and I would not like to have this issue. I thank you for your support and I let you know what flex solves ... thank you very much for your help.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

If you wish, you an add a video of the issue to your posts here.

• wp3a00
    wp3a00 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2021

ok i try the tranfer the audio....here..ok Mike i try but the audio no pass here I need the tranfer in other format...but sent me you email for sent the audio...ok my personal email is ....monvaz2008@gmail.com

• wp3a00
    wp3a00 Member ✭✭

Ok mike i sent the audio via you email....tnx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.