Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

M1 Mac Mini

Trying to install SmartSDR for windows on new Mac Mini with the Apple M1 chip and Parallels.

Is there a version of SmartSDR that will run on the ARM version of Windows?

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

No.

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

So both Parallels and VMWare aim to support Windows in an emulation mode on the M1 but I think they are some time off before that happens, so no Windows yet on M1.

I thought SmartSDR Mac worked on M1 but Mike may be right... I checked the release notes and don't see support for it yet.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

I read the new M1 compatible Parallels, requires running a special edition of Windows, written for ARM processors.

In an earlier post to this community, another person reported that Flex Windows Smart SDR would not run with Windows ARM addition. A Flex person verified that Smart SDR would not run with Windows ARM edition.

Alan

WA9WUD

• David
    David Member
    Any plans to develop a SSDR version that will run on ARM based machine?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi David

That is a good question. There are no plans for FRS to develop an ARM version, however the API's are open for anyone else to develop their own ARM client.

This is how the MAC clients were developed and we are happy to help with any development.

Mike

• Ignacy
    Ignacy Member ✭✭

SmartSDR for Mac runs on M1. If need Windows, I use TeamViewer to connect to a PC onsite.

On a Macbook with Intel, sometime the signal is scratchy when Parallels is running. No problem with the Teamviewer.

Ignacy NO9E

• GaryReg
    GaryReg Member, Unconfirmed
    Newbie, interested in SDR for my M1 MAC mini. What hardware do you recommend for this application?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.