Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

USB to Ethernet adapter?

Options
I have done a search but didn't find anything. I have a Flex 6300 and am getting a new laptop to run it on. The laptop I am looking at does not have a ethernet connector. Would the Flex work if I used a USB to Ethernet adapter? Thanks

Comments

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I successfully use such an adapter on my MacBook Air.

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Think most modern laptops now don't have a ethernet port to keep the form factor smaller.

Have also used a USB to eithernet adapter with success.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Yes, any current USB/Ethernet adapter should be fine.

Make sure you turn off any 'green' features or power saving on the USB device.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.