Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

YouTube SD Card Discussion

KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Mike and Dan, Thanks for the discussion on the past SD Card issue on YouTube. It was nice to hear a little of the background of the problem and ultimate solution. It was also good to hear the definitive reasons for not cloning SD cards or using consumer-grade replacements.

Len, KD0RC

Comments

• Rick  WN2C
    Rick WN2C Member ✭✭

Just watched the video. My 6400M is in for service Started out w / the 3 blinks and was sent an SD card and after replacing it, it came up w / 1 blink. Yep fan error as the fan would start and make about 1 revolution and then quit.

Hoping it comes back soon ... I miss my Flex😥 !

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

The bad news is that your fan quit. The good news is that the radio detected the problem before something worse happened. I hope your rig gets back soon - I know I have come to depend on the panadapter and can hardly operate a rig without one! (not sure that says anything good about my operating abilities...) :- )

Len, KD0RC

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭

Talking about the SDCards going out, does not stop them from going bad . The SDCard on my 6600 went bad on 12/28/2020 , received the new card 01/08/2021 . That is a long time to get a card . Now on 01/30/2021 the SDCard on my 6500 go's bad . the new card has not been sent yet because of lack of communications via email .

Why does the data on these card have to be guarded as they are? Why can't Flex send me the file that I can mount on an SDCard so my down time would only be a hour or 2 ? Took 11 days for my 6600 card.

It's good when both my radios are working .

Ed N5DG

• N1SH
    N1SH Member ✭✭
    The article you show in the video is not in the _public_ knowledge base. I read in the title bar it is in the "Agent's Only" section. It would be nice if it was public so we could read it... say on a weekend when support is not available.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@N1SH Can you give me the time stamp on that so I can follow up on it?

• N1SH
    N1SH Member ✭✭
    10 mins

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.