Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PSK mode to communicate with Flex 6000

Options

Good day members, Does anyone know how the I can get the fashion BPSK "talking" to my FLEX 6400 radio. Within this community I've been unable to find anything about this phenomenon.

Thanks in advance for possible solutions

Cees, PA3CVI

Comments

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your info .....

Unfortunately, this does not provide the information I can use. The versions of both, the FlexSDR and the FLDigi, are completely outdated. In the Netherlands we have a relevant saying:

"you can't bake bread from it"

Maybe other members with a tutorial or something that is up to date?

73 , Cees, PA3CVI

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Cees

Regardless of what digital mode you wish to use, they all require the same configuration:

Even though what Dave provide was a bit outdated, the technique is 100% the same. It is just that some of the locations may have changed for the settings.

RX Audio

TX Audio

Some way to put the radio into TX

CAT frequency control - this can be optional in all cases

This video describes how to configure FLDigi. If you need help with FLDigi, you can look for additional videos on YouTube that should be able to assist you.

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options

Okay Mike,

My fine teacher who has helped me before. I'm a bit conflicted now, because when working for CW and RTTY I have set N1MM as base. RTTY, as MMTTY, currently works through the link of N1MM.

So, might it be better to set FLDIGI instead? It would be even more pleasant for me to work CW via N1MM because, I've been working with that for years, and the other digital modes using FLDIG.

Please take your advice Mike.

Cees, PA3CVI

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options

Downloaded Fldigi v4.18

When configuring my RIG I see a change in the setup of my RIG. I mean, I can't put the Kenwood 408 in the RIG. see print screen.

• KM0T
    KM0T Member ✭✭
    Options

All I did was download the XML files and point the rig description file to the rigs directory. The XML files are setup by slice and available on Soureforge. Put them in the rig control directory where ever installed for the "User" directory C:\Users\MAK\fldigi.files\rigs is the default for me... (Where MAK is my username, so whatever yours is)

So I selected CAT command for PTT and changed the baud rate, but I dont thing baud rate applies so you can probably leave it default. Com 4 for me points at SmartSDR Cat port for Slice A.

I happened to make instances for 6M and 2M.... See below for where I put the XML files for 6M.

If your running a 6400, you only need Slice A and Slice B. I think thats all the pan adapters you can open at one time is 2.

XML files on sourceforge site....

I tried using FLrig for control also, but had issues, so I went back to RIgcat... seems to work for me.

Hope this helps.

73 - Mike - KM0T

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for your clear info Mike,

I had never heard of SourceForge, but the XML file --SmartSDR_SliceA - was quickly found. Another Dutch saying goes: A person is never too old to learn, and that certainly applies to me.

73, Cees, PA3CVI

• James Del Principe
    Options

" "you can't bake bread from it" " Cees, can you bake Limburgsche Vlaai?

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options

I live in the province of Brabant, bordering Limburg, and I just buy the Limburg vlaai in the bakery, it tastes delicious, Hi.

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options

Sorry everyone, I'm almost out, only the transmission is not working yet.

I hereby show my relevant settings of the PTT

Sorry everyone, I'm almost out, only the transmission is not working yet.

When I press the Tune button in the Fldigi window I don't make HF power, but the DAX control panel still shows a TX stream!

What am I doing wrong?

73, Cees, PA3CVI

• aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021
    Options

What are your sound card settings in Fldigi??

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options

The Audio setting.

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options
  • Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options

Additionally,

RTTY mode does give hf power

Cees, PA3CVI

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Cees

Notice here that there is no Process connected like there is for COM8. Do you have a COM11 Conflict?

Another option would be to see if PTT via CAT works? It looks like that is what you have set.

Please confirm that the radio is going into Transmit. Is it? If the radio is not going into TX, this is what we need to solve first.

Next, make sure you have DAX TX turned on in SmartSDR. This makes sure that the audio gets to the transmitter from DAX.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

In FLDigi Hardware PTT screen check the box Use Separate Serial Port PTT. Otherwise it tries to use RTS and DTR from COM8.

Dave WO2X

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike's suggestion: Another option would be to see if PTT via CAT works? It looks like that is what you have set.

Short response to Mike's question: yes your print screen is in accordance with my setting

Mike: Next, make sure you have DAX TX turned on in SmartSDR. This makes sure that the audio gets to the transmitter from DAX.

I couldn’t resist, so late in the evening, in response to your comments, to check whether I could solve the problem with this.

To my surprise I could not see if my DAX was active, the sub-window was simply not present. After setting the mode CW in Fldigi, the sub-window with the DAX was present again. My conclusion is that the DAX does not work in CW.

Unfortunately, this coclusion does not lead to the solution. Someone a bright idea ?

Situation USB mode DAX present, HF power

Situation CW mode, DAX disappeared, no HF Power

Cees, PA3CVI

• Cees
    Cees Member ✭✭
    Options

Rectification:

" setting the mode USB in Fldigi, the sub-window with the DAX was present again. My conclusion is that the DAX does not work in CW."

• KM0T
    KM0T Member ✭✭
    Options

All, again all that was needed for CAT was "rigcat" as below....Note SLICE A for the XML file. Also Device under COM4.

The hardware PTT was left as default, I never changed anything here... see below...

Under devices, Soundcard for slice A was....

And my PTT was associated with COM4..

(The TCP port for 6 Meter CAT was for WSJT-X...not sure its needed for FLdigi....as they are really not related, I did not use any TCP or setup any TCP under FLdigi...But I did have a seperate icon for WSJT setting for radio TCP port 60001 under WSJT-X first before I did all this.)

Other than setting up station info, nothing else was done. Hope that helps...

Its my understanding that there is no DAX under CW.

73 and GL - Mike - KM0T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.