Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ACCOMODATING 2 METER REPEATER OFFSET WITH FLEX 6400

I am considering the purchase of a 2 meter transverter for use with my 6400 but I have a question about how to work the offset and tone issues for 2 meter repeaters.

1.First of all is it possible with the Flex 6000 series and If so, how is it done?? and

2 Can the Operation be remoted like the other flex functions into SDR or a Maestro??

Thank you in advance for your information and advice! Regards, Marty K3KYH

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Yes, to all of your questions.

How to:

Alan

WA9WUD

Answers

• Martin Pozesky
    Martin Pozesky Member ✭✭

Thanks.... Sounds easy.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Martin

I have all the local repeaters set up in Flex Memory, so it is easy to switch from one to another, with all the correct settings.

Also, FRStack has a "scanning" option and will stop on any that open the squelch, so if you want to scan the repeaters, in memory, FRStack can do the job.

Alan

WA9WUD

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Thanks Alan, I have not messed with 10 M FM repeater operation in many years. I appreciate you posting this!

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Works great! I just brought up a 6 M FM repeater in the Denver area on the first shot. The controls are very intuitive. It looks like there is no tone squelch, right? Would be nice to have that capability and to be able to set it independently of the TX tones. Also, it looks like the only place to adjust the squelch is on the radio panel. Would be nice to have that on the Flag as well. All in all an excellent implementation of FM repeater functionality.

It is nice to be able to put one slice on the RX frequency and one on the TX frequency to allow listening to the repeater input. Great for debugging problems when helping someone who can't open the repeater, but are close enough to be heard direct.

• Martin Pozesky
    Martin Pozesky Member ✭✭

Thanks all. You've been very helpful !! Stay Safe Marty K3KYH 73's

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.