Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

N1MM and CW Skimmer setup assistance 2021

Heys community. I am looking for help with setting up N1MM and CW skimmer for the modern versions of Smart SDR. I searched the community but all the ones I can find are broken links, outdated or a couple that just don't work. I am running Smart SDR 3.1.12

Any help or resources would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Tagged:

Comments

• KR5OG Paul K
    KR5OG Paul K Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021

There is a great video on You Tube,

I thought this had setup instructions but it appears to be just demo.

Paul

kr5og

• Scotty
    Scotty Member ✭✭

I found this video which is good but I am having a problem. I follow it to a T but when I get to 4:03 is the issue. Under Dax control my IQ Stream will not display streaming, it displays "no pan adapter"

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Scotty

You missed the step where you assign the IQ stream to a panadapter.

• Scotty
    Scotty Member ✭✭

@Mike-VA3MW

I do not see it in the video. Am I just missing things?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

DAX IQ Channel selection

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭

Using SliceMaster, I finally have CWSkimmer working and, most importantly, starting reliably for me. I thought I would put in writing some of the items I overlooked or was not aware of in the hopes that I can help someone else avoid some of the confusion I went through. I’m sure if I had taken the time to RTFM or watch some videos in detail, I could have avoided a few headaches I mention below, but I’m a ham. 😉 If you have corrections, work arounds, explanations, or additions to my notes, please don’t hesitate to mention them.

1. Not only do you have to select a DAXIQ channel on the slice, but you also must make sure the same channel is enabled in the DAX control panel(Duh).
    2.  Make sure that the DAX control panel is tracking the frequency shown in the slice. I have had instances where the control panel button for the channel is blue and says streaming, but the slice frequency is not being followed. The best solution I have found is to boot my PC.
    3. The only sampling rate that seems to result in good decodes is 48000. That has to match the sampling rate in Settings, Radio(Duh).
    4. Under view, open the IQ balance and check Correct Balance. I think this is helping, but feel free to tell me if I’m wrong.
    5. In Settings, Audio, the sound card driver I am using is MME.
    6. In Settings,  Radio, the hardware type is SofRock.
    7. In Settings, Radio, The LO Frequency is 7062500
    8. I try and load CWSkimmer first after starting SliceMaster and after a PC restart.  

Bob, WK2Y

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.