Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Q5 Transverter Availability

Neil D Friedman N3DF
Neil D Friedman N3DF Dayton, OHMember ✭✭✭
edited April 17 in Community Topics

FYI Corey at Q5 is now quoting 8-week availability for newly-ordered transverters. Worth the wait, in my opinion.

Comments

• Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭

Neil,

Yep, now 8 - 10 weeks because of part availability. I ordered a 2M and 70cm transverter five weeks ago from q5signal and am anxiously waiting for them to arrive.

Dave

• Dennis N8IVE
    Dennis N8IVE Member
    Yea I agree , worth the wait . I just received my 2M and 70cm transverters from Corey and it was 8 weeks on the button . I tried the "Ukraine" units but was not happy with the performance . The Q5 transverters are far superior .
  • Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭

Dennis,

When did you order yours? I had a 144 and 432 on order since 3/12/21. Hope to be getting my invoice and notice of shipment soon.

Dave

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin

I ordered a 144-75 Watt version with common RF and IF and high stability oscillator on March 4, 2021.

It shouldn't be much longer now!

It will be the nicest Transverter I have ever had! it will go well with my FlexRadio!

I have had a TV-202 for my TS-820S back in the early 80's

Then got a Microwave Modules "Black Box" back in the late 80's/early 90's but never had any effective antennas for it, so I sold it.

I currently have a pair of the Ukrainian transverters for 144 and 432 and find that they are underpowered and the oscillator drifts badly with temperature. (Buy, Hey! not bad tor $70, build in a case!)

• Dave K5OZ
    Dave K5OZ Member ✭✭

Ken,

Thanks for the update. Yes, I have heard the best out of users of the Q5 Signal xverters with the flex. Looking forward to getting my two xverters soon!

Dave