Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Is there any way to operate CW with a key using a 6400 in remote?

I live in a retirement community with the 6400 far removed from my apartment. The Maestro I ordered in Dec. 2020 won't be delivered until 2021. I'd like to use a key and paddle rather than a keyboard for CW. Is there a way to connect a key through a computer USB port and use with SDR?

Best Answer

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

check this out .

https://groups.io/g/RemoteKeyerInterface

AL, K0VM

• rssutton9
    rssutton9 Member ✭✭
    Thank you. This looks like a possible solution. I'll start working on it.
    Stan KD8KBX
  • rssutton9
    rssutton9 Member ✭✭
    Alas, the files cited in the RKI page don't show, so I can't download them. I am a member of groups.io through the local traffic net, but maybe I have to be a member of the Remote Keyer Interface group to have access to the files. But I can't find out how to add a group or become a member of it. Any suggestions?
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭

Yes join the group to get the files section. I have not tried this CW solution myself.

AL, K0VM

• rssutton9
    rssutton9 Member ✭✭

Thanks. That worked. Downloaded files and waiting for a Winkeyer to get my old straight key going again.

• SM3RAB
    SM3RAB Member ✭✭
    > @rssutton9 said:
    > Thanks. That worked. Downloaded files and waiting for a Winkeyer to get my old straight key going again.

Have you made any progress with this?
    73 de Ulf

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.