Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro using SmartControl with multiFLEX

Options
KD0RC
KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Has anyone with a Maestro tried SmartControl while two computers running SmartSDR are connected to the same Flex Radio using multiFLEX?

The reason I bring this up, is that I was testing the 3.2 upload on my old laptop. It went perfectly so I logged on to my 6400 using multiFLEX (my new laptop was already connected). My TeensyMaestro "B" side immediately showed the second laptop information. All of the B controls work on the second station to log on to the radio, and the A side controls the first. So if there were two operators sharing a Flex Radio using multiFLEX, each could see the status (frequency, mode, TX, Vol, etc) of the other operator if each had a TeensyMaestro at their end.

So does the Maestro in SmartControl mode operate the same way? Would this finally give shared stations that last bit of info needed to coexist on the same radio? I am not sure what the Maestro display shows when using SmartControl, but if it shows 2 active slices, this might be a cool thing.

Of course there is a down side risk to operating this way... Whoever has a TeensyMaestro (or Maestro if it works the same way) can mess up their fellow operator by turning the wrong control set. Imagine listening for your shot at a DX station when your slice suddenly tunes off somewhere because your buddy accidentally grabbed the wrong VFO knob...

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi @KD0RC

Yes, I just tested it with one client on a 6600M and the other client on Win 10.

I then took my Maestro with SmartControl and was able to select one or the other to control.

73, Mike

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Thanks Mike. When I saw how my gizmo worked in this scenario, I thought the Maestro might do the same.

So for multiple operators using one radio, the Maestro can be used to keep track of where your buddy is operating. This could be pretty cool if one operator is running a frequency while the other is hunting multipliers. Could also be a great way for a club trustee to monitor station usage.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Len

That seems to work.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.