Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR and New Radio

Options
I just downloaded and installed SmartSDR the latest and greatest. Turned on for the first time my Flex6600...and low and behold SmartSDR doesn't see my radio....rebooted radio rebooted computer...and wow there is my radio but when I try to get the latest update. Take a wild guess...my radio isn't seen now. I have read several of the articles posted and I am not a firewall guru....If anyone can be of assistance I would be most appreciative

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Smitty, How are you connected? For example, in my shack, I have my 6400 plugged into a network switch. My laptop is also plugged into the switch. The switch is plugged into my modem/router. I don't have to do anything special - it just all connects.

Let us know how you are configured and we will give you a hand.

• Smitty
    Smitty Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am connected directly to my hub (router) computer and radio...nothing special
  • Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Meaning both your computer and your radio are each individually connected to your router?

• Smitty
    Smitty Member ✭✭
    Options
    yes.....my modem has a 4 port router
  • KD0RC
    edited April 2021
    Options

OK, that is a very normal way to hook up. To determine if there is a problem with the radio, try connecting an ethernet cable directly from your computer to the radio and start SmartSDR. If that works reliably, then the issue is probably a setting in your router.

If that does not work, it is probably best to submit a help desk ticket with Flex.

• Smitty
    Smitty Member ✭✭
    Options
    its a setting in the router so may go in an set it up as a static ip it seems not to like DHCP

Smitty
  • KD0RC
    Options

There are cases where a static IP is preferred, but normally, DHCP is the way to go. I don't know enough about the various routers and internet providers, but if you list your make and model modem/router and your internet provider, there are folks on here who can probably give you the definitive answer.

• Smitty
    Smitty Member ✭✭
    Options
    i finally figured it out...well stumbled across the fix. I had VM software running in the background and it was blocking the radio after setting the IP to static all is well....I will have to take a further look into the happenstance tomorrow after I have a few less **** and a good nights sleep. My thanks to all who chimed in with assistance.

Smitty (K4 Oh I'm WEIRD)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.