Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

V3.2.31 Install Note

It is installed and so far seems to be perfect for my CW ops. The tx-rx-tx delay work got $199 out of my pocket.

Now a note on my install.

The info in the release note is good, and my first attempt did hang at the firmware update. Did a cold boot and it came right up.

I needed to buy the v3.2.31 license since I was on V2 so the window telling me to buy came up. No problem, except I have no wired internet in the shack. The 6400 has been direct to the computer. I set up a shack TP-Link 750 as a client off the wifi router up two floors, Ethernet from it to the 6400, and it worked sort of, except, the 6400 could not connect to the internet through the TP-Link for the license. A puzzle. Shot myself in the foot, as usual.

Then I remembered I had set a static, local IP on the radio in V2, so now it could not get a new IP from the router. I reset the 6400 to factory defaults and started SSDR and voilà, it came up immediately on the new license. Import profiles, ta da!

DAX is fine. CAT is fine. No issues with either one.

The lesson learned is to make sure the radio is in DHCP for its IP address before starting. I forgot. Maybe not the easiest way, but it worked. Time, 30 minutes on SSDR, 2 hours on my own network.

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I also had a very good experience with the 3.2 upgrade. Since my network is so plain vanilla, it worked perfectly on the first shot.

My only issue was with my homebrew TeensyMaestro. Took less than an hour to figure out the issue and get it fixed. I think the Arduino library had an old bug lurking in the Create Slice function, so I just bypassed it with my own code and now it works great.

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭

TeensyMaestro sounds like fun. I do enough Arduino to be dangerous, still maybe a good next project.

My network is stable, until I mess with it, but the static IP was due to issues I had with DXlab years ago. Now everyone is happy using DHCP

Cheers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Lionel, it is a fun little project. I have it set up so that you don't need to do any coding. If you do want to code it yourself, then the library is out there that provides a framework that you can code within without having to know the deep details of the API. If you take a look at it on GitHub, you will get a flavor for how it works. This should let you gauge whether coding it is something you want to tackle. Some others have indicated interest and were planning on building it "stock", then once it is working, step back and write their own code.

https://github.com/KD0RC/Teensy-Maestro-for-Flex-6000-radios/releases/download/V1.014/FlexRigTeensy-2.0.19.3.2.zip

You can get a feel for the functionality by looking at the User Manual. This will give you a sense of whether you would find value in having it once you build it. (I have built plenty of projects that work great, but I never use...)

https://github.com/KD0RC/Teensy-Maestro-for-Flex-6000-radios/blob/master/TeensyMaestro%20User%20Manual.docx

It is a bit tedious to wire up all the controls, but there is nothing particularly difficult in the build. Let me know if you decide to build it - I am happy to answer questions and help you through it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.