Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400M Update Problem

Any other 6400M owners have a problem with the new 3.2.31 update? I updated my radio and now will not boot up. Worked perfectly before upgrade.

Have a Help Ticket already submitted so dont suggest that....

Any ideas would be appreciated. Jim K4JAF.

Answers

• awinger
    awinger Member ✭✭
    So sorry to hear this. My 6400m and maestro A both updated and have been working well. I’m sure the tech team wilL get you going
    Al
    W1NGA
  • Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭

Yes, sure they will and waiting on call or email now. Have a good day. Jim

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Have you pulled the power from the radio for a few minutes, and done a HARD Factory Reset?

• Tim N9PUZ
    Tim N9PUZ Member ✭✭

My upgrade to a 6400M hung during the front panel upgrade. I pulled power, waited, restored power, and restarted per the Release Notes and the rest went perfectly.

Best of luck! I've had great experiences with Flex Support. I suspect they will be quick to assist.

Tim N9PUZ

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021

😪Thanks all for the suggestions. It appears according to Tim that I have a SD card failure in the 6400M. I can boot the 6400 up by forcing it a reload of the defaults but then making any changes and turning the radio off, it will not boot up.

Hopefully a new SD card will be sent my way today. Jim K4JAF

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭

😪

• N4QM
    N4QM Member ✭✭

I'm having the same problem with my 6400M. It hung up on the first upgrade, so I followed the steps and it worked fine for a day. I turned it on this morning, and it will not finish loading, the front panel never shows the waterfall and band scope, and there is no audio coming from the speaker. Controls on the front have no effect. Have gone through the whole unplug for a minute, plug back in for two minutes routine with success. One one hand it's nice to know I'm not the only one, on the other hand, I want my radio working, I like it!

Opening a ticket right now, but seeing how it's Easter weekend, I don't really expect to hear back until Monday.

73, de N4QM

• N4QM
    N4QM Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021

• Jim K4JAF
    Jim K4JAF Member ✭✭

Your problem appears to be like mine in every respect. I can get the 6400M going by forcing a reboot to default values when turning on (white light on power button). All your profiles are removed and can not import them again. If you make any changes to the radio and then remove power, the radio will not boot. The 6400 worked flawlessly before upgrading.

I am awaiting a new SD card next week so see what happens with it installed. The faulty cards seem to be a common problem with many posting their demise.. Looks like poor design on Flex's part. 73s Jim K4JAF

• Philip KA4KOE
    Philip KA4KOE Member ✭✭

I've had a second crash on my 6300. I did the new SD card thing from Flex and it was fixed. Either the software is killing it or I have a hardware problem. I'm still using 3.1.12. Already submitted a new ticket. I didn't start having issues till I upgraded to v3.

Philip KA4KOE

• PeteP
    PeteP Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021

Yup, same here with my 6400M. Disconnected from LAN and a hard boot went to the new firmware and now fine.

I will say Tim/W4TME spent Easter talking me off the ledge, awesome service. Thanks Tim!!!

• Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭

Well... I had my 2018 vintage 6600 plain working just fine on 2.6.2 but I gad to do the update. So, I paid the $199 but found that my 6000 and the new update had to have direct internet access. It was not sufficient to just download the new software to my computer and then load it onto the radio. So, Tim patiently TeamViewered into my machine, played with my internal network settings and got 3.2.31 to load. When I turned the power off, left it for a few hours and then tried to do some hamming later, I could not connect with the radio. Today, Ken spent at least 90 minutes with me, trying to make things work... no luck. He believes the problem is a corrupted SD card. A replacement has been requested.

Looks like the new release has some serious bugs. To their credit, the Flex people are working patiently and professionally to help each customer out. When I managed several customer support groups, I sure could have used someone like Ken.

• Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭

Well... I had my 2018 vintage 6600 plain working just fine on 2.6.2 but I gad to do the update. So, I paid the $199 but found that my 6000 and the new update had to have direct internet access. It was not sufficient to just download the new software to my computer and then load it onto the radio. So, Tim patiently TeamViewered into my machine, played with my internal network settings and got 3.2.31 to load. When I turned the power off, left it for a few hours and then tried to do some hamming later, I could not connect with the radio. Today, Ken spent at least 90 minutes with me, trying to make things work... no luck. He believes the problem is a corrupted SD card. A replacement has been requested.

Looks like the new release has some serious bugs. To their credit, the Flex people are working patiently and professionally to help each customer out. When I managed several customer support groups, I sure could have used someone like Ken.

• Bill Roberts
    Bill Roberts Member ✭✭

• Pat_W5WTH
    Pat_W5WTH Member ✭✭
    edited April 2021

@Jim K4JAF , did your v3.2 issue get fixed? I have the same issue since the update (ticket issued) without resolution. Reentering rig settings is getting real real old.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.