Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Covering my 6400m

I have covers for all my equipment. The 6400M cover just arrived. I'm not seeing any heat coming from the rig when powered off with the PS on. Heard is was better to leave the PS run all the time. Looking for advise.

Thanks,
Kevin

Best Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓

There are advocates of both methods and both seem to work. Over the past 3.25 years, I have cycled my 6600M and it’s power supply on and off at least 1,000 times without issue.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi Kevin, when the rig is powered off, I believe it is safe to cover it, even if the power supply is still on. The current drain to keep the power-up function alive is very very small. I am with Neil; I power off everything when I am not using it, but I don't think it particularly hurts anything to leave it on 24/7.