Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to log into a hotel Wifi by Maestro

Bruce Elbert
Bruce Elbert Member ✭✭

This hotel requires that I enter my name and room number before allowing Internet access. Maestro doesn't appear to provide for this. What am I missing? Thanks and 73, Bruce K6ZB

Comments

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭

Nothing. This does not work, sorry.

73 Volker

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

I haven’t done this with a maestro, but a travel router allows this with my phone.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes it will work but you have to have a raspberry pi or such set up as a VPN client back to your station location.

I do this with my Maestro using a Raspberry Pi loaded with SoftEther VPN client and at my station I have the SoftEther server loaded on my shack computer on the same network as the Radio.

You will need a small keyboard and monitor on the Raspberry Pi Client side to set up the Motel internet connection so the Pi has a path out.

Most don't block port 443 so that may be a place to start with a IP Port to use.

Works quite well if you have a good fast network connection at both locations.

• Bruce Elbert
    Bruce Elbert Member ✭✭

Thanks all for the suggestions. Maestro with Smartlink was supposed to make it easy. But, it depends on the WiFi service you encounter. Is this something that Flex can address in a future version Bruce K6ZB

• Andrew VK5CV
    Andrew VK5CV Member ✭✭

Bruce,

Try connecting to the hotel wifi with a PC, tablet or phone and hotspot from that device to the Maestro.

I have done it with an MMMDV hotspot for digital voice.

Andrew VK5CV.

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭

Over the many years since the Maestro came out I have found the most flexible solution to the many login barriers is to buy and use one of the portable routers. I have used this one and it allows me to login with my laptop and then fool the hotel system that the router is my laptop and that then allows me to connect as many devices as I need to the router and use them seamlessly. The initial log in to the hotel network is done on the laptop and that ends up being the only device that need to verify with the hotel.

I paid about $20 at the time and I am sure there are more updated models available now for a similar price range.

John K3MA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.