Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR 3.1.12.51 unhandled error

AC9S
AC9S Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
SmartSDR threw an unhandled error this morning.  I use the Maestro 99% of the time, but this morning I was going to run the Windows client so that I could snip pictures of a friends 6700 - which has reports of a bad CW waveform.

Computer:

I7-9700k, 16G RAM.
Win10 - 1903
Build 18362.900

I could swear this worked when I installed 3.12 shortly after the release, but I may have been on Maestro the entire time.

Here is the error:

Image preview

Comments

• AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Is it ok to uninstall/reinstall Smartsdr?

Keith - AC9S
  • This morning (6/9/2020) windows pushed an update when I did a restart.

Now I'm getting an unhandled error message with SSDR 2.1.12.51

The OS is Windows10 Home, version 2004. Build 19041.685

Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm wondering what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks.

73 Mike K9MK

• Correction: Make that this morning 12/9/2020

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭

Yes. I have the same Build of Windows 10 Home and I am getting the unhandled error too! If I click OK, it shuts down SmartSDR 3.1.12. If I ignore it, I can continue running SmartSDR, but the error messages continue to "pile up".

73, Bill NE1B

• rcleroy
    rcleroy Member
    Good Morning fellow Flex users. I have been experiencing "unhandled errors" while running the V3.1.12 software on Win 10 Build 19042.868. I have snapshots of the errors..but don't see a way to attach them here. The only cure is to over install the software to correct it. I have tried to do a clean uninstall and re install, however after a day or so, it reverts back to this error. Are there any known conflicts with Windows or other apps that may be contributing to this error. Plesae help me fix this..so that I can convince my fellow ham (the station owner to which I am able to operate) from switching off the Flex platform. :):) I LOVE FLEXRADIO..and want to keep it availble to use. I live in an apartment and this is my only way to be on HF HI HI.. Here are the error photos.. Regards VE3MGQ :)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

@Bill NE1B I suspect you have a FlexControl connected to your PC. If my assumption is correct, then you need to change the com port number to a high number by using the following HelPDesk procedure How to Change the Com Port Assignment for a FlexControl

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2021

@rcleroy You are not actually solving the problem by reinstalling the SmartSDR software. As a matter of fact, you could actually be exacerbating the problem by doing that. What you need to do is open a HelpDesk ticket and send the unhandled exception error message detail to the support techs.

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭

Thank you Tim! That fixed it. Flex Control is more reliable and no "Unhandled Errors" since putting the Flex Control on a higher Com Port. 73, Bill NE1B

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.