Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

QSO Today Flex presenations on You tube

I am keen to watch these presentations, especially OM Mack's PG update, but also presentations from other speakers

Are these presentations available on you tube?

Answers

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

Great Update but was surprised when an "Estimated Delivery Date" was "Q1Q3". Not sure what that means but I am guessing sometime around July of 2021. A little confusing as the year is broken into Quarters, thus the Q3 but since a quarter is broken into "3" Months, where is the "Q1" come from... Anyway.... GREAT presentation and will wait until the TGXL is soup...

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

Do you have a you tube link for this TG presentation, OM Richard?

I am very keen to see it, no doubt, it will be interesting to others in this group too.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Richard from what I gathered from the TG-XL Presentation, the shipping will begin in Q1 2021 and some TG-XL's have already shipped to Alpha Testers. After Alpha Testing finishes up TG-XL shipping priority will go to those who preordered a PG-XL (before the end of 2017).

I also heard Q3 2021 mentioned during the Presentation but I wasn't sure what date range that was referring to.

KF4HR

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

Mr. Radio(?) - The TG-XL Presentation was part of the QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo on March 13th and today. Tickets cost $10 and provides access to multiple Presentations and communications with various vendors, etc. And from what I understand those who buy tickets will have access to all the Presentations for 30 days after the Expo ends. https://www.qsotodayhamexpo.com/?mc_cid=cfa50a6bb8&mc_eid=d3e32f2624

KF4HR

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

1st quarter is Jan thru the end of march, 2nd quarter is April thru the end of June and 3rd is July thru the end of Sept. so in other words it maybe 6 months.

Hope that I receive mine sooner then later but it wont bother me if I have to wait until September for a top quality Tuner.

Hopefully between now and when they start shipping to the rest of us that they release SmartSDR to work with the TG-XL then that will be a good day and my guess is this is why they haven't released a new version of SmartSDR yet but I am just a humble Flex radio user that try's to keeps a good attitude.

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

I wonder when TG manual will be placed on line

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭

What I heard in the presentation twice was "first quarter of twenty three". That doesn't seem right. I got on the list right away, but does anyone know for sure when the predicted shipping date is if you signed up this weekend? I don't need precision, just what year.

• Mack W4AX
    Mack W4AX Company Adviser ✭✭✭

Here's the official word. The TGXL's have shipped. I am running a very small Beta test to make sure they are rock solid. I expect that to take three weeks. By then we will have the full FCC and CE certifications. The first shipments will go to people who purchased a PGXL during the promotional period that included a free tuner. We expect to clear that backlog not later than the end of June. At that point shipments will begin to people who are on the wait list. Firm orders will be taken as soon as we have the FCC and CE certifications. TGXLs are being manufactured as quickly as possible. There is a huge demand.

Mack

W4AX

Program Manager

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

Thanks for an official update, OM Mack. Can I watch your presentation on You tube? If yes, can you provide the link?

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

As there are two versions of TG, can these OMs who early preordered their PG amplifier elect which version of TG they receive?

What is an official response?

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

As I "AM" a person that ordered my PGXL in the beginning, and have been enjoying the Amp since reception, I can tell you that Flex contacted those that were on that list and once the TGXL versions were defined they gave you a choice of either the 1X3 or the SO2R Version. You were instructed to indicate your choice and return the email back to Flex. This is not the "Official" Flex Response but a truthful one to help you along.

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

Thank for your response and clarification, OM Richard. Yes, indeed I recall a message from Flex posted probably over a year ago.

Look forward to receive my TG and intergate it with other Flex equipment.

• K5UFO
    K5UFO Member ✭✭

I guess I'm getting old, but I can't remember whether I picked the 1X3 or the SO2R.

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

I guess id depends on the style of operation. I am interesting in DXing and not in contesting and use one radio so I prefer 1X3.

I believe that TG is of a modular design, so by a changing an internal module one can change between two versions.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Might want to check with Mack about that... I don't think there is an option to change 1x3/SO2R once the tuner is purchased.

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

Well, it would be the cost of buying a new module or swap it it someone. If you look at the back of TG, all 4 RF connectors are on a plate **** to the back of the cabinet. So I expect that that part can be replaced. Perhaps OM Mack will comment about it.

• Mack W4AX

Yes, there will be an option to change the output board from SO2R to 1 X 3 and vice versa. We’re evaluating if this can be done by a user or would require being performed at a service center.

Mack

W4AX

Program Manager

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

OK, I do appreciate your clarification, OM Mack.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭

As I "AM" a person that ordered my PGXL in the beginning, and have been enjoying the Amp since reception, I can tell you that Flex contacted those that were on that list and once the TGXL versions were defined they gave you a choice of either the 1X3 or the SO2R Version. You were instructed to indicate your choice and return the email back to Flex.

I also purchased a PG-XL during the free TG-XL purchase incentive program, but I was never contacted by FRS about a TG-XL choice. Just curious if I'm the only one in this situation?

KF4HR

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭

I suggest to contact Flex and inform them about your preference related to TG version. It was a mailout posted to all early ordered PG, perhaps you missed it. They probably tried to establish the volume of each type for manufacturing purpose. I do not thing that there is a problem if you advice them late.

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

I saw the TGXL video. The TGXL reminds me of the days of **** Ehorn and ETO Alpha. They produced legendary equipment. The PGXL followed in that tradition. I’ve had mine for a year and it is ETO all over again, just rock solid and a great performer. The TGXL per the video has features found on no other product on planet earth. I’m on a list to get one and I can’t wait. These two products bring back the excitement of the days of the original auto tune linear amps. Flex with these two offerings have placed themselves in the category of living legend. We ll be discussing these products as an inflection point in the decades to come

i don’t work for flex and have been very tough on them in the past just so ya don’t think this post is somehow self serving I doubt I’m their favorite customer as well I believe firmly in the notion of calling it like it is but that notion must go both ways and my praise for Flex here is well earned

Peter

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭

Hopefully we are getting close. This is the last day of the 1st quarter. Hopefully Flex will start shipping the 2nd quarter.

Burch

K4QXX

• Mack W4AX

@K4QXX The TGXL has in fact shipped. We have many of them shipped to the people who purchased an early PGXL and were promised a "free" tuner for their faith in FlexRadio.

The hardware is rock solid and minor software improvements are continually being made. The reviews from the early users has been very positive.

FCC certification has been achieved and pricing/availability beyond the initial folks who purchased an early PGXL will announced soon. Firm orders will also be taken by FlexRadio soon.

Mack

W4AX

Program Manager TGXL

• W2PP
    W2PP Member ✭✭

I absolutely can’t wait.

Peter

• Richard
    Richard Member ✭✭

Mack,

Since I am one of the "early" purchasers of the PGXL and had been contacted earlier to choose which version of TGXL I would want and responded at that time. Who or whom do we contact to verify when my unit would be scheduled to ship? I am looking forward to placing to completing my Flex Station with another Flex Unit.

Thanks,

Richard - N4RWG

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021

Mack

Are those who received the Tuner Genius, per your earlier update, free to tell others of their experience? Why are we not hearing from them?

Alan

WA9WUD

• K4QXX
    K4QXX Member ✭✭

Mack, that is awesome news! I am also waiting for my "free" tuner and was contacted several months ago about which version I wanted. Really looking forward to getting the tuner.

Thanks for the update.

Burch

K4QXX

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2021

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭

Mack, I have a question about TGXL integration with the Antenna Genius line of switches. Is the TGXL tuner capable of communicating with the Antenna Genius antenna switches? For example, if I have two antennas for the same band and I switch between them on the Antenna Genius which is then connected to the TGXL tuner by a single coax does the TGXL tuner know which tuning parameters to use for the selected antenna?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.