Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro blocking TX for SmartSDR

Im new to Flex. We're two HAMs who share a remote station with a Flex 6600.

Collegue connects Flex via Maestro. Im connecting Flex via SmartSDR directly on Remote site for digital operation.

When Maestro is connected I'm not able to get TX,
on SmartSDR PC\DAX Control\Menu Station: select Maestro and then TX Stream off

on SmartSDR PC\DAX Control\Menu Station: select PC but unable to get TX on.

As lnog as maestro is connected Im not able to use Flex TX. Any Idea how I can get back to business without calling collegue and tell him to switch off Maestro?

thank you all

Remo es HB9SHD

Answers

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭

I believe that when you log into the remote radio there is an opportunity to disconnect the other user.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

In SmartSDR go to Settings/MultiFlex and make sure your PC is selected for local TX.

Also you should each have your own profile.

Dave wo2x

• Remo
    Remo Member ✭✭
    TU Both of you for answering my question

@K1ESE where do I find an option to disconnect collegues maestro console? or any device connected to the Flex?

@Dave I'd checked settings and atm my pc is selected for local TX. But collegues maestro isnt connected right now. I need to check if I can overrule maestro when connected. We do not use profiles so far. I have to dig in to it ...

Remo es HB9SHD
  • K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭

I believe when you log onto SmartLink you can see if a radio is in use and click on it and get a message to disconnect the other user.

I can't find it in the documentation and none of the other radios I can access through SmartLink are currently in use so I can't verify that I'm right.

• Remo
    Remo Member ✭✭
    @K1ES TU for your answer. I'd tested it with my own PC and another one connected to the Flex. I could disconnect one of the PCs, so it solved the problem. Hopefully this will be the same when maestro is connected.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.