Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Has anyone used a Hamation Shack Master 8?

Allen_B
Allen_B Member
I just got one and have not been able to make it work SO2R with my Flex 6400. It does work fine on the radio 1 ports on the 2x8 switch but not the radio 2 port.

Best Answer

• Allen_B
    Allen_B Member
    Answer ✓
    Okay, I figured out a solution myself.

1.Configure the Shack Master 8 (SM-8) connected by itself (no other switch controller) per the instructions.
    2.Connect a Hamation PB-28 via the Shacklan port (RJ-45) to the SM-8 and connect the Hamation 2x8 antenna switch to the PB-28 green switch connector.
    3.Press and hold the left radio 1 AUTO button (red) for for at least 2 seconds.
    This allows the Radio 1 port to be controlled by the PB-28 manually and Radio 2 port to be controlled by the Shack Master 8 automatically.

There may be other ways to configure this with other equipment but this works with what is available to me.

Answers

• Allen_B
    Allen_B Member
    After some more experimentation, I found out the following:
    on the Shack Master 8 "Radio 1" refers to the Radio 1 port on the PB-28 and the antenna relay. "Radio 2" refers to Radio 2 on the PB-28 and antenna relay. So if you want the 2x8 antenna relay to send the antennas to "Radio 1" Automatically select "Radio 1" on the SM-8. If you want to direct the antennas automatically to "Radio 2" select "Radio 2" on the SM-8. Both Radio 1 and 2 on PB-28 must be in the manual mode and both orange LEDs must be off. The PB-28 acts as a **** to the SM-8.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.