Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Would like to Display Control Panel on 2nd monitor

Options

Hello All,

I am running V3.1.12 and would like to move the control panel off the monitor after popping it out and place it on a secondary monitor. Is this possible on a Flex 6500 and or a Flex 6600?

Thank you for your comments.

73, Bill AD5EW

Best Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Bill, Yes it is. That is how I operate. I have my monitors set to "Extend These Displays" in Windows Settings. Then I pop out the controls and drag them to the other monitor. Once there, everything stays put whenever I start SmartSDR. You can pop it back in any time you want.

• Bill Owens
    Bill Owens Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Len,

That is great. I have a ways to go before I do this like getting another monitor and another video card. My friend who I recently corresponded with you about installing SSDR 3.1.12 is also going to do this, in fact that is one of the main reasons he updated. We thought this could be done, just was not sure. Very glad to hear it works for you.

Thanks again for you feedback. Very encouraging.

73, Bill, AD5EW

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Bill, My Windows 10 laptop supports a second monitor without an additional video card. Many desktop computers do too, so you might want to check to see if you already have the capability before you get another video card. I will say that having the panadapter on a large screen with the radio controls and logging program on the laptop screen has been a great way to operate. I size the logger so that it and the Flex controls are both visible together. The "Flex"ability is fantastic!

• Bill Owens
    Bill Owens Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Len,

Good idea to check if there is already a 2nd video output. I know on my desktop there is not one but my friends may already have one. If so, it will save me some time. I like the way you have yours set up. I am using N3FJP for logging which I will put on the second screen along with the Flex controls. The main monitor will be full screen panadapter. Should be pretty slick.

Thanks.

Bill, AD5EW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.