Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Interfering Signal on 75M

Anyone seen something like this annoying signal. It starts up across a good chunk of 75 Meters usually random times, runs for a while then stops for 1-5 hours. Used to be 5 seconds on 5 seconds off but lately timing changes 5 seconds on 20 seconds off. I'm located between Long Island and Connecticut. I assume this is local to my neighborhood since I have not heard any chatter about it on the band. Checked, not in my house.

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

Hmmm... I'm wondering if it's an offending switching supply of some sort -- either a solar system in the neighbourhood or an appliance (like a fridge or freezer)?

• Dave_WB1S
    Dave_WB1S Member ✭✭
    Thanks Don seems very low rate for a switch mode PS but maybe. Hoping someone has seen something similar. I thought possibly a sump pump but we have not had rain and basements in this area are generally dry.
  • Dave_WB1S
    Dave_WB1S Member ✭✭
    Here is another capture where you can see peak amplitude on the spectrum scope. This Flex SmartSDR pan adapter is awesome.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.