Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Difference between v2.6.2 and v3.1.12

I have been looking for discussion between these two versions and I have not found a comparison listed. Apologies if this question has been asked and answered.

Other than the ability to run a remote session and MultiFlex, is there a reason one would want to go to v3.1.12 instead of 2.6.2?

Thank you for your input.

Bill, AD5EW

Comments

• Bill Owens
    Bill Owens Member ✭✭

Thank you Len. I am aware of the release notes, so I what I was hoping for was a more of a "big picture" comparison. The release notes point out the incremental changes only, so I guess absent a feature comparison, I will need to go back to the initial documentation. I have been running 3.1.12 myself, but soon will be doing an update on a friends 6500 who has no intention of ever doing a remote session. As long as he is having to pony up the bucks for a new version from what he presently runs, he might as well go for the 3.1.12 in my opinion, regardless of his plan on not using the remote.

73, Bill, AD5EW

• Steve KD2OM
    Steve KD2OM Member ✭✭

My 6600M is licensed for 3.1.12, I have downgraded to 2.6.2 because of the way profiles are handled in 3.1.12. I didn't need the Multiflex as I don't contest. I am very happy with 2.6.2, the remote capability remains the same, just you can't have a remote and a local session on at the same time.

Steve KD2OM

• Bill Owens
    Bill Owens Member ✭✭

Good to know Steve. Thanks for your information. That may be the way to go. My friend is not a contester either so Multiflex would add little or no value.

Bill AD5EW

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Multi flex also allows 2 local sessions at the same time. So I sometimes take the iPad to the shop to listen to the net. My WiFi doesn’t cover well out there, so I go to the pc to talk.

• Bill Owens
    Bill Owens Member ✭✭

Thanks John.

Bill, AD5EW

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.