Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Clear ATU Memory from Front Panel on FLEX 6600M ?

Is there a way to clear ATU memory from the front panel of the 6600M? I am aware of the ATU MEM button on the TX Menu. But all that does is enable or disable ATU memory. I want to have ATU memory enabled but all memories cleared.

I know you can do this from SmartSDR by right clicking on the ATU MEM button and selecting "Clear ATU Memories". But I cannot figure out a way do do this from the front panel.

Alternatively, is there a way to have ATU Memory enabled on one slice but NOT enabled on the other slice? Again - from the front panel - not SmartSDR.

Al, K0AD

Best Answer

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓

Al,

The ATU MEM button is on the transmit menu accessed by pushing in the MIC-SPEED-PWR knob. Put the radio in USB or LSB first. Access the menu. Then push and hold the ATU MEM button. A Clear ATU Memories button will appear. Push it. My Drake TR3 was never this complicated.

Regards and GL, Neil N3DF

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF

From Sec. 25.4 of the 6400M/6600M User Guide: “To clear the ATU memories, tap and hold the ATU MEM button until the Clear ATU Memories option appears...Tap the option to clear the memories.”

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    edited March 2021

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

Hi Al, Push in and hold the ATU mem button until it blinks and clears the memories. That will empty things out. I don't have multiple SCU's on my 6500 so I'm not using multiple slices... BUT I do have a pair of antennas on the back of the radio one's a tribander and the other is either a selection of three combos of antenna. as I change ANT 1 to 2... the bands that use the Johnson TUner the mems for those bands stay bypassed. So I can use the doublet on 17 and thats the on 2 and the johnson but if I flip to 15 thats the internal tuner... and unless I make a big mistake and start trying to tune the beam on a wrong bad it works OK for me.

Erika DD

• Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭

Neil and Erika;

For some reason, that simply does not work on my 6600M. I have tried that many times and nothing happens no matter how long I keep my finger on the ATM MEM button.

With the SmartSDR Software, I used to be able to right click on the MEM button next to the ATU button and I would get the "Clear ATU Memories" selection come up. I tried that today and it no longer works either. The "Clear ATU Memories" selection comes up for a split second and then goes away before I can select it.

My objective is to have the ATU in BYPASS on Slice A because I run an amp and external smart tuner on that slice. However, I DO want to engage the ATU on slice B and set memories using the Flex 6600M antenna tuner. It seems like the ATU MEM state is being applied to BOTH slices. I was thinking that, if I had ATU MEM on, but kept the ATU bypassed on slice A, I would be able to do what I wanted to do. But it doesn't work. The ATU keeps going green when it finds an old tuning memory.

Hope that makes sense.

Really surprised that pushing the ATU MEM button on the Flex front panel does nothing despite what the manual says.

Al, K0AD

• Al Dewey
    Al Dewey Member ✭✭

Neil;

Thanks ! Putting the radio in LSB mode seemed to do the trick. When knew? Seems counter-intuitive as most of the memories I am setting up are in the CW band. Anyway, it looks like I should be able to do what I want to do. Thanks again.

AL, K0AD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.