Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Not deliery before end of 2021 !!

Kick
Kick Member ✭✭
Good morning all ,
I have a Maestro on order since October 14, 2020.
it was to be delivered in November then postponed to December then first quarter of 2021 !!
this morning I just received an email from my store (Radioworld) telling me that the delivery will be for the end of 2021 !! you read that right at the end of 2021 !!
What is going on ??
moreover on the site, it is always indicated `delivery within 12 to 15 weeks`
thanks if the gods of knowledge can help me !!
I am disappointed !!
VA2PHK Patrick

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2021

Well, there is this little thing happening worldwide call COVID-19. And it is disrupting international supply chains in a major way. If you have a product that requires 1000 parts to manufacture and you are not able to acquire a single custom component that cannot be sourced elsewhere, then you can't manufacture the product. This is the situation FlexRadio and many other manufacturers are finding themselves in.

The Maestro is one of those products that fall into this category. We had hoped there would be some relief in the supply chain but that has not been the case to date. In addition with the Maestro, some of the parts are no longer available so we are having to use different parts that are not drop-in replacements. This results in re-engineering certain aspects of the product.

In addition, our contract manufacturer that used to make and assemble these products for us closed down all their manufacturing facilities in the US. Rather than to source this process off-shore, we have had to get new contract manufacturers and moved the assembly and test in-house.

It is regrettable that this "perfect storm" has occurred. Believe me, we want to be able to manufacture and sell the Maestro a lot more than anyone else. We are disappointed too. It's part of our livelihood and a key part of our business. We are doing our best, and we will be shipping Maestros as soon as we can.

• Kick
    Kick Member ✭✭
    Thanks Tim,
    we understand easily and we are wholeheartedly with Flexradio and all its team.
    what is good is to know what is going on, in this case we understand much more the difficulties of each one and we can sympathize ...
    I will welcome my Maestro with Love !
    please keep us informed !
    best regard , Kick

``a problem without a solution is a badly posed problem`` ....... Albert Einstein
  • N7WRH
    N7WRH Member ✭✭
    I have one on order as well...the update from Flex is very helpful - I can wait! At least my new 6600M was delivered recently. What a superb radio! Thanks, Tim and Flex team!
  • W3US
    W3US Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the update Tim. That is all we are looking for - some credible news. Appreciate if you would post another in a month or so or when there is a significant change. That may go a long way toward keeping us off JP's back. de W3US

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.