Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 frequency calibration

Options

I use an external 10mhz GPS standard on my 6700 and find that at 15mhz the error is in the range of 15-20 ppb... at 7mhz it jumps to around 200 ppb and at 3.5 its around 330 ppb... what is the factory acceptable error?? Are these figures within spec?

TNX AH0U

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I think that these numbers represent a fraction of a Hz. My trick is to do the calibration, then open two slices. Put one slice on USB the other on LSB. Then tune both slices to the same WWV station (15 MHz, for example). A 1 Hz error will result in an obvious beat note that you will hear in the 500 or 600 Hz tones. It should give you the confidence that your 6700 is calibrated properly.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.