Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

60m (UK) on 6600m

Hello all

I am trying to use FT8 on 60m. Am using JTDX and the frequency it puts the rig on is 5.357 and this seems to be where all the activity is, but the rig won't TX at this frequency. It will TX at 5.355.3 but I only see the last few Hz of the FT8 channel. What am I doing wrong? In the radio setting menu it states Region EU02. Any help appreciated. Nigel G0CQZ.

Answers

• Chris DL5NAM
    Chris DL5NAM Member ✭✭✭

Bandwith ? Reduce it !

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

Set the transmit bandwidth to "0" and the Top end to "2900" to be legal setup for 5.357. The transmitter will still work to 3000 though. (3.1.12) I do run mine at 0 and 3000 usually to get a good shot at the filter edge. You may also in the radio setup set the filters for SHARP in the digital modes for rock wall edges... It does work very well.

ALSO for all of you FLEX ops you have a HUGE advantage with your radios than other brands that don't work the same way the flex does. with slope curved edged filters.

DO NOT USE SPLIT, or FAKE IT with the rig control portion of WSJT-X I do not know about other pieces of software. Set at 0 and 3000 you have a vertical filter and can operate right up to the edges of the filters.... These FLEX rigs best feature is its Digital performance.

Also on other bands YOU MAY stretch the upper edge if you drag out the WIDE graph and set it up correctly I have used mine to 3300 on the top end on bands that allow the bandwidth (everything other than 60m) The software has to decode everything within that spectrum so only use it when you need to... also dialing the VFO up 500 cycles or 1 khz will allow you to catch the upper edge on other bands, also the same goes for the 100cycle stations dial down a few hundred cycles and you can pick up the guys below 200 cycles... I do run my wide graph starting at 0... but moving the VFO does the same thing to pick up stragglers, but you won't decode them without the graph opened up.

Also pay close attention to the noise level on each band... and adjust your T-AGC correctly for each noise level. That was posted a couple months back and I wrote it all down. It works great on my 6500... Most run their Thresholds far too high. I can regularly decode over 50 stations at once on 20 meters! Set 0-3000 It's all proper settings to get the max performance...

What worked on your 7300's is poison with a flex, let your radios perform to their maximum potential and have fun! You just need to study setup and twisting levels. Do some of that Radio "Stuff" Mav...

Erika DD

• Erika - KØDD
    Erika - KØDD Member ✭✭✭

Set the transmit bandwidth to "0" and the Top end to "2900" to be legal setup for 5.357. The transmitter will still work to 3000 though. (3.1.12) I do run mine at 0 and 3000 usually to get a good shot at the filter edge. You may also in the radio setup set the filters for SHARP in the digital modes for rock wall edges... It does work very well.

ALSO for all of you FLEX ops you have a HUGE advantage with your radios than other brands that don't work the same way the flex does. with slope curved edged filters.

DO NOT USE SPLIT, or FAKE IT with the rig control portion of WSJT-X I do not know about other pieces of software. Set at 0 and 3000 you have a vertical filter and can operate right up to the edges of the filters.... These FLEX rigs best feature is its Digital performance.

Also on other bands YOU MAY stretch the upper edge if you drag out the WIDE graph and set it up correctly I have used mine to 3300 on the top end on bands that allow the bandwidth (everything other than 60m) The software has to decode everything within that spectrum so only use it when you need to... also dialing the VFO up 500 cycles or 1 khz will allow you to catch the upper edge on other bands, also the same goes for the 100cycle stations dial down a few hundred cycles and you can pick up the guys below 200 cycles... I do run my wide graph starting at 0... but moving the VFO does the same thing to pick up stragglers, but you won't decode them without the graph opened up.

Also pay close attention to the noise level on each band... and adjust your T-AGC correctly for each noise level. That was posted a couple months back and I wrote it all down. It works great on my 6500... Most run their Thresholds far too high. I can regularly decode over 50 stations at once on 20 meters! Set 0-3000 It's all proper settings to get the max performance...

What worked on your 7300's is poison with a flex, let your radios perform to their maximum potential and have fun! You just need to study setup and twisting levels. Do some of that Radio "Stuff" Mav...

Erika DD

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.