Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Staion Integration using Rasberry PI's?

Is anyone doing interesting stuff in the shack utilizing Rasberry PI's ?

I use them a lot to control devices and to talk to my 6700 via ethernet.

I think it would be neat/fun to use ALEXA and a PI for station control.

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Check out Node Red. Runs on a Pi and we've been integrating a lot of equipment and software, including Flex radios, rotors, amps, tuners, etc.

nodered-hamradio@groups.io | Home

Dave wo2x

• Steve KD2OM
    Steve KD2OM Member ✭✭

Is there a Node-Red flow to control a AntennaGenius 8x2 switch?

Steve KD2OM

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭

Steve

Dave, WO2X, has published an Antenna Genius Flow. Download the "AG2x8_with_N1MM_integration.json" file from the Ham Radio Node-Red Forum.

Here is a link to Daves files on the forum:

Alan. WA9WUD

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@Bill Bailey

You have 2 of the best NodeRed guys where. Grab a PI and dig in. :)

• Steve KD2OM
    Steve KD2OM Member ✭✭

I have Mike. Alan and Dave have both helped. I have the main thing, the AG switch working fine and am slowly finding my way around NodeRED. I am very familiar with the Pi and Linux, this graphical method is not so easy for me.

Steve KD2OM

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Yes, Node Red is a lot of fun.

Conny, N5HC took my 2x8 flow and added to it. The one I have posted in the file section is the result of his and my contributions. It natively supports 2 stacked 2x8 switches and the code is there to add the additional nodes to go with a stack of four 2x8 switches for a 2x32 setup :-)

I only have three antennas.....

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.