Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

What microphone does everyone recommend?

Options
w5ll
w5ll Member ✭✭
I have a FLEX-6500 that came with a fhm-1 with a 8-pin foster. I recently purchased a used Maestro A and need a mic for it. What mic does everyone use? I would like to use my fhm-1 but am unable to find the male 8-pin foster to RJ45 adapter I need. Any help would be appreciated.

Matt
W5LL

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Matt, I think this is what you need to use your FHM-1 with your Maestro:

RJ45 Cable For the FHM-1, FHM-2 and FHM-3 Microphones – FlexRadio

• w5ll
    w5ll Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @KD0RC said:
    > Hi Matt, I think this is what you need to use your FHM-1 with your Maestro:
    > RJ45 Cable For the FHM-1, FHM-2 and FHM-3 Microphones – FlexRadio

Boy do I feel like a dummy! I was looking for a cable that would adapt the end of my mic cable. I see now that the whole cable unplugs from the mic itself! Thanks for the link. Problem solved.

Matt
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021
    Options

Opinions is what you were asking for so, here you go. Yes Len is correct. You have a 6500 a great radio. IMHO, please don't make the 6500 sound bad by using that hand mic. I've tried it with my Maestro and quite frankly I was embarrassed by the sound quality while listening back to my transmissions. The last in-person local ham fest before covid I happened to trade for a Yaesu MD-200ABX and it plugs into the same RJ45 connector, and of course had to setup level and EQ and saved the MIC Profile. Other microphones of course will work, anything but a hand microphone.

• Thurman Williams  Jr
    Options

I used the Yaesu MD - 100 microphone on my Maestro A

Jr .KO4OO

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.