Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6600M Display lock up

During this past weekend's contest I experienced the following problems:

1. On occasion the display on the 600M would "freeze" and lock up. I could still tune (by ear) and N1MM tracked the VFO but the display would stay frozen. It would sometimes recover and then lag behind the VFO. Changing bands also resulted in a long lag before the display caught up to the band change. A reboot of the 6600M would fix the problem, but it would then reappear. My guess is this is an issue with the LAN (I had spots displayed). I have high speed cable internet fed from the router using about 15ft of fibre to a DLink 16 port unmanaged switch (metal case DSS 16+). this has happened in the past using N1MM, but was persistent this weekend.
  2. Rapid tuning would result in the TX signal not matching the TX frequency on the display (the tuning indicator would be accurate and I could complete the Q, but the actual TX "spike" was several Khz away from the frequency). Resetting the size of the display or centering it would correct the problem. This would only appear if I tuned rapidly from one end of the CW portion of the band to the other. I have this problem using N1MM or DXLab.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tim VE6SH

Comments

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭

Did you try changing the Display settings to reduce the bandwidth required on the LAN?

de Bill, NE1B

• Tim VE6SH
    Tim VE6SH Member ✭✭

Bill

Good thought. I did not and that would obviously assist. I will try that.

Thank you.

Tim

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.