Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Great little mixer

Hi all,

If some of you are like me I have a computer with audio out, my Flex radio with audio out, a desk radio (Icom) with audio out etc etc.

I wanted to bring all these together into one set of headphones or powered speakers. I had used a semi-pro production mixer, a channels, but the cabling was a mess as many inputs took TRS 1/4 inch plugs or in some cases the channels had separate L and R inputs requiring splitter cables.

I also got a fair amount of hum at times.

I found this product on Amazon:

Which is simply great. It's small, much smaller than my production mixer. All inputs/outputs are 1/8 stereo and each input has a variable adjustment to go from line to mic which seems to do a much better job at eliminating the hum.

Highly recommended. No RFI issues so far at 1500 watts where my production mixer some times would pick stuff up. I do have ferrites on some of the cables. But for the price this is a great little mixer!

Mark WS7M

Comments

• KT0AM  - Mark
    KT0AM - Mark Member ✭✭

Wait... you mean I don't need four sets of speakers and three headphones on my desk? Having a single set of speakers headphones seems very... untechnological. 😉

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭

Yep! And with the mixer, I can mix in a little cool waltz music to go with the waltzing bug CW that's all over 40m! Sometimes I find a tune that fits it perfectly! 😁

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.