Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can't Access Through Smartlink Radio Connected with a WDS Bridge

Craig Gagner
Craig Gagner Member ✭✭

I have a 6300 connected to my network via a pair of Engenius enh500 WAPS configured as a WDS Bridge. Everything works fine however I am as of recent unable to connect to the radio via Smartlink. If I connect to the network not using the Bridge, it works fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Craig

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

That is possible.

The Bridge has to pass layer 2 IP Traffic and be the same subnet on both sides of the bridge.

This is actually a bit complicated answer, and it order to answer it accurately, we need to know more on your WDS design. A diagram of the network flow and the IP address for each the radio, WDS ends and the Router. Once I see that, I can give you a better answer.

The funny thing about networks is that is easy to make them work. It is harder to make them work well. Just like antenna systems. :)

Mike

• Craig Gagner
    Craig Gagner Member ✭✭

Thanks Mike; I've reconfigured as an AP and Client Bridge. It works well in this configuration. Since everything is working well and I'm not experiencing separation anxiety from my beloved 6300 anymore, I can smarten up on wireless networking a bit before I trouble the Community much further.

Best ,

Craig, w7phg

• Craig Gagner
    Craig Gagner Member ✭✭

Mike,

BTW to your antenna comment and in contemporary colloquialism, true dat.

w7phg

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.