Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Logging Software

I am looking for an easy to use logging software program. I do not need a complicated program that has a long learning curve. Can you give me some suggestions for a easy to use logging program to use with my FLEX-6500?

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I suggest trying a couple out to see what works best for you. I personally like ACLog from N3FJP, but there are several to choose from.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

+1 on ACLog. Works fine with Flex using the Flex API. Integrates with online logbooks like LoTW, eQSL, and QRZ.com.

Dave wo2x

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Richard:

As Len said there are several good logger software packages out there . Most of the software packages have a free demo program so that you can play with it before making your decision . AClog is a popular program. Sometimes the one ones that are the easiest to use are the hardest to configure. Two Free loggers that I like are Logger32 and Log4OM, they can be a little hard to configure but are FREE. I started PC logging many years ago with LOG-EQM, when support for that ceased, I went to Logger 32 and then gravitated to LOG4OM . Both of the later packages can be setup to read the radios frequency/mode do log searches, import and export .ADI standard log files. Almost all loggers have awards tracking features etc.

I like LOG4OM because it can be configured to look up previous QSOs, Look up a stations info on QRZ or other data bases on the internet, automatically backup the log when shut down, upload to LOTW when shut down, will automatically interface with WSJT-x so that FT-8 QSOs are automatically logged. LOG4OM is supported by a team of amateurs, has a forum page to get help , and a downloadable manual.

I realize you want something with a short learning curve, setup the basic logging functions of the software you chose and then as time allows configure more features. In the basic form the you will enter the worked station's call sign, signal report, and operator's name, the logger will enter the qso time and frequency/radio mode (if the radio interlace is setup) Click on save and you are done.

Backup is very important to me, my setup automatically backs up too two USB thumb drives at shut down. Hopefully I haven't scared you.

Good Luck

Gayle K0FLY

• David Decoons, wo2x
    edited February 2021

• David Decoons, wo2x

Gayle’s comment about trying out different logging programs before purchase is good advice along with backing up your logbook to a drive other than your operating system drive. That way if you have a drive failure you do not lose the contents of your log. I back mine up to a second drive in the PC which then that drive is mirrored to cloud storage.

Dave wo2x

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

A specifically flex logger is FRLOGGER.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.