Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner not working

Options

Good afternoon,

Experiencing a new problem with my Flex 6400. Tuner is not working.

Tried SmartSDR for Mac & SmartSDR for Windows. Rebooted. Nada. Nothing happens when I press the tune button. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Johnny

W5KV

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Johnny... when you say 'nothing happens', do you mean there is no response at all from the radio? Is it possible you already have a 'match' set for that frequency and there is no need for the ATU to re-tune? Do you hear clicking from the ATU when you tune across the band in receive mode? (that would tell us if the ATU is 'remembering' its presets). What colours are the ATU/Tune buttons?

Also, you don't mention which version of SmartSDR you are on. 2.4.10 is the most 'reliable' right now when it comes to the ATU.

You could try 'resetting'/removing the presets for the tuner. (sorry, I don't have the manual with me hear, so I can't remember how to do that, but can someone else chime in? I think it has something to do with pressing and holding the ATU button) If that doesn't work, then it might be time to set up a Help Desk ticket.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.