Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

No RF output

Before I put in a help desk request, anyone else have this problem. I've had my 6400 for just two weeks. Occasionally after leaving it on overnight (not connected), I find there is no RF out in either tune or transmit. Power-off-restart always clears this. OK, I know it's a computer, but this is almost every other day! Does this sound normal or should I see if there's something more serious going on? Thanks everyone, Bob

Comments

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭

Well, it’s not normal. Many owners leave them on and operating for weeks at a time. For starters, unplug the network cable to the flex and leave the radio on when not in use to isolate the radio from external factors. If the problem continues, it is probably the radio, else it’s probably external to the radio. The most likely external issues are the network or the pc. Are there any other symptoms?

• bobshotwell
    bobshotwell Member ✭✭

No, no other symptoms that I can discern, John. I presently have it on a switch which is fed by a TP-Link wifi-to-ethernet adapter. This is the one Flex recommends. An ethernet directly to the network router isn't physically possible where I am. This is almost a daily occurance so, yes, I'll try pulling the ethernet at the back of the rig when not in use to see if there's any change. Thanks for the suggestion, Bob

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Bob, I would recommend submitting a help desk ticket - this does not sound normal.

• bobshotwell
    bobshotwell Member ✭✭

I'll do that Monday Len. I wanted to try a few things on my end first before doing that. One of which was disabling a regular, scheduled, full network restart at 2am. This seemed to be an overnight problem. But having done that a few days ago it still recurs. Not every day, but often enough. -Bob

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm sure you have tried to Pull the DC power off the Radio for a little while and give that a go.

• bobshotwell
    bobshotwell Member ✭✭

Yes, Bret, I have done both a normal shutdown and restart as well a complete power-off restart. It has happened again after both. No apparent difference that I can tell. But this has happened 5 times now, and I've only had the rig for two weeks, so not a lot of time to have tried both yet. Thanks, Bob

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.