Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M and SmartSDR radio control

I just received my 6600M, got it hooked up to the computer, downloaded SmartSDR v3.1.12. Operating the radio works well in stand-alone mode. When I connect with SDR, the software does not cause the radio to follow as I thought it would. SDR works properly and I can transmit, but, when I change frequencies with SDR the 6600M stays at the old freq. If I change bands, say from 80 to 40, the SDR changes TO 40 and functions properly but the 6600M stays at 80.

Is this normal or have I installed something improperly? I have searched all the documentation until my eyes are hanging out on their strings.

HELP!!

Best Answer

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

That’s exactly the way it should work. You are using two separate GUI programs, each with their set of panadapters and slices (receivers).

The “M” front panel is entirely separate from your instance of SSDR. However, as with the Maestro, you can use the front panel to essentially be “slaved” to the SSDR instance. That way the front panel can drive the SSDR frequency, etc. when in that mode, the Maestro or front panel does not display the panadapter and slices.

if I’m wrong about the “M” front panel being able to do what the Maestro can, please forgive me, but I did read it will do that. I have not yet moved to v3, as there are things about it I don’t like.

• Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭

Thank you.

• NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭

See if you are running Multi Flex. Turn it off.

• NA7AA Tom
    NA7AA Tom Member ✭✭

See if you are running Multi Flex. Turn it off.

• Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭

Tom,

There is no on/off ability that I see, other than the ability to switch PTT from the 6600 to the PC and visa versa.

When choosing Enable, it moves the PTT from one to the other of the two options.

Thoughts?

Pat

• Pat Eastman
    Pat Eastman Member ✭✭

Here is the explanation in the User Guide.

I Switched back and forth and nothing changed in regard to my original question.

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭

The 3.x feature you are looking for is called "SmartControl" Mode. It can be activated from the "M" Panel or Maestro when you Connect to the radio. When the "Select a Version" menu comes up, there is a Run button and a Smart Control button. Press the Smart Control button. Then the "M" Panel will connect to the SmartSDR session. The VFO knobs will control the frequency displayed in SmartSDR, the Volume, AGC-T and Bandwidth controls will control those in SmartSDR.

Bill, NE1B

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭

The 3.x feature you are looking for is called "SmartControl" Mode. It can be activated from the "M" Panel or Maestro when you Connect to the radio. When the "Select a Version" menu comes up, there is a Run button and a Smart Control button. Press the Smart Control button. Then the "M" Panel will connect to the SmartSDR session. The VFO knobs will control the frequency displayed in SmartSDR, the Volume, AGC-T and Bandwidth controls will control those in SmartSDR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.