Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6400 M not linked to computer what is the best Update 3 1 12 or 3 1 8 ?

My 6400M is used only like a transceiver: No computer , no remote control.

Some time it change the software a the start by asking me 3-1-8 instead of the 3-1-12.

Tell me please the good one version? I have some wrong start some time... best 73 f6eju jean claude

Best Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Bon Jour Jean Claude, 3.1.12 is the right one to use. 3.1.8 has the potential to cause SD Card corruption.

Len, KD0RC

• jean claude
    jean claude Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ok good find by myself...

tks for help

all is fine now

jean claude f6eju

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Glad you found it Jean Claude! I have a plain 6400 (non-M), so I am not much help...

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

FIRST upgrade the front of the radio, when you first turn it on it should have a list of different versions of software on the screen CLICK on 3.1.12, let it do it's thing.

Then on your computer be sure to download and install 3.1.12 and then you should be done.

if you don't see the Multi-versions on the Main Radio screen when you first turn on the radio then you will have to do a couple key clicks on the radio screen to log it off (NOT the power button) so the version screen will come on.

BUT it is VERY important to update the M series Radio first then do SmartSDR.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2021 Answer ✓

if you don't see the version window on the radio front panel, From the Radio Click Menu, then about 1/3 of the way to the right on the grey screen you will see a "Switch Version" screen, Click it and you will be disconnected from the radio and it will put you at the version screen, Now click on the "3.1.12" and the radio will update the Control head and the Radio.

Hope this helps

• jean claude
    jean claude Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Tks Bret all is clear now. 73 f6eju jean claude :)

Answers

• aa3ssradio
    aa3ssradio Member ✭✭

3.1.12 is the latest

• jean claude
    jean claude Member ✭✭

Len.

Thank you.

I have to reload the 3.1.12.

However it is the flex that have decided to go back to the 3.1.8.

I have to find out how to go back.

I am so seeking for the procedure... :) Yes old timer are turning a bit lazy , forgive me hi

73 jean claude far french riviera ;) f6eju

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

FIRST upgrade the front of the radio, when you first turn it on it should have a list of different versions of software on the screen CLICK on 3.1.12, let it do it's thing.

Then on your computer be sure to download and install 3.1.12 and then you should be done.

if you don't see the Multi-versions on the Main Radio screen when you first turn on the radio then you will have to do a couple key clicks on the radio screen to log it off (NOT the power button) so the version screen will come on.

BUT it is VERY important to update the M series Radio first then do SmartSDR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.