Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Network change - new IP address

I’ve got my network working great with new fiber install. I also have my phone and iPad working great on local network. Problem I’m having is changing the IP address in my phone and iPad from old IP address to new one. I have tried changing it several times to new fixed IP address but it doesn’t update the smart link address. Thanks for answering!

Answers

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

If you are on your local network, the discovery packets sent from the radio, which are broadcast, should look after this for you. Just search for a radio instead of using a predefined IP address.

In the case of remote, there should be no issue.

• Bill WW5M
    Bill WW5M Member ✭✭
    I only have problem connecting remote now; but notice old IP address coming up in Smartlink. I can’t seem to update it in settings on iPhone and iPad.
  • Bill WW5M
    Bill WW5M Member ✭✭
    I only have problem connecting remote now; but notice old IP address coming up in Smartlink. I can’t seem to update it in settings on iPhone and iPad.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭

If your radio can talk to the internet, and is registered in SmartLink, it should be updating SmartLink's idea of the IP address. You can always reregister I guess, if it doesn't want to change.

• Bill WW5M
    Bill WW5M Member ✭✭
    Yes I have tried that, the radio works great on the local network with phone, ipad and laptop, but won't connect when I am away from home. Interestingly my old IP address comes up in Smartlink and I am unable to change it even when I go in the menu on phone and Ipad and put a fixed IP address in there, but it still defaults to other address listed in Smartlink. The other address will work if I bypass the Netgear router and go straight to the incoming fiber box, but then without the router inline I lose my local network and local radio connection. I'm going to read some more on this and try again this weekend.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Just guessing but sounds like your Double NAT'ed, does the Fiber box by chance have a router enabled on it? You need to have your ISP turn off it's router function if it does so you can manage your firewall from your Netgear router. They could also set their router up for a DMZ for your router.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Just guessing but sounds like your Double NAT'ed, does the Fiber box by chance have a router enabled on it? You need to have your ISP turn off it's router function if it does so you can manage your firewall from your Netgear router. They could also set their router up for a DMZ for your router.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.