Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuning Steps

Options

Flex 6300 SmartSDR v1.12.1.35 - With STEP tuning set to 100 and when I drag the slice to a new position say 7.206.137 and then continue to tune with the mouse wheel, only the one hundred position changes. The 37 remains 37. I have not been on for awhile and maybe this is right, but another radio I have the 37 will go to 00. If I set the STEP to 1 the 37 will change appropriately with the mouse wheel.

Can anyone verify this is right?

Thanks

Ken W0KRD

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Ken, This may be a behavior of V1 of SmartSDR. I am on V3, and it automatically zeroes the digits to the right of the step size.

Len, KD0RC

Answers

• Ken Davis
    Ken Davis Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Len. I checked the software manual and no joy there. I think I am going to reload and see what happens.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options

Re-Installing software probably won't do anything, you may just want to do a Hard (Factory) Reset on the Radio if I remember correctly these settings are stored in the radio on Version 1 and NOT the software,

Remember the FLEX radio's are a SERVER tied to a Radio and have there own location they save a LOT of items.

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

In all versions.... go to Setting>radio setup>RX and enable 'Snap to Tune step'

AL, K0VM

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Thanks Al, I set this when I got my 6400 and then totally forgot it was an option. I guess I need to add this option to my own homebrew TeensyMaestro project...

Len, KD0RC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.