Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Losing SSB output intermittently

Have been using my maestro to control the flex-6600 in the shack from the house. Have also been operating some FT8 via the iPad. This has been fine for some three weeks until I was operating 80m SSB and mid QSO when I went to reply the mox light lit, and compression and level meters indicating but no RF output ... tried again a couple of times and it started working ... then when I called the net again ... it stopped.

I have checked the mic profiles... checked that the iPad and DAX etc not selected or connected... but can't fathom what is happening.

Bought the radio March 2020 and am still unsure as to whether going down the SDR route is for me ... but trying to learn and persevere... finding the documentation a bit dense for seeking out answers at present.

Ideas welcome...

Graham G4NMD

Best Answer

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi Graham, it could be network dropouts. To test this, try using the mic plugged into the back of the radio. If the problem still occurs, you should probably submit a help ticket.

If that cures the issue, post here again with your results, and someone with more networking experience than me can jump in with suggestions for that problem.

Len, KD0RC

Answers

• Len

Many thanks... on “proper” and “collected” review it looked like my mic or tx profile was corrupted or not loading when switching back to Maestro. There is also a degree of network latency which is bordering on the too high as well.

Thanks fir taking the time to respond ... I have much to learn and study!!

G

G4NMD

• Further to the mic profile ... it is also network dropouts
    G

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.