Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Easy to install Web Relay

Mike-VA3MW
Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Tim and I have been searching for a Web relay that would work world wide.

We found the SonOff 4 Channel Pro relay that is available on Amazon World Wide and at very good prices.

There seems to be a few versions of this switch, but the one I tested had 4 SPDT Switches

The device is powered by 9-24V DC or 90-260VAC. The one I have requires a Canon connector for the 12V I used, but others may have a quick connect terminal. You should have no issue powering it from a Wall Cube that you already have in a junk box.

The one I tested was the V2 and I was able to use it to connect to the Remote RCA connector on the back of the radio for soft power up and power down.

I also used a 2nd contact for PTT should you ever need to do a remote SmartLink registration.

They make many versions of this, but you want the one that shows the NO/NC contacts as on the bottom of the case.

It does require that you use the eWeLink app on your SmartPhone (I only tested on iOS). https://www.ewelink.cc/en/

I did a very basic schematic that you can reference. R1 turns the radio ON and OFF and R4 would do a 1 second PTT to the radio. You need to set R4 for 'inching' and you do that in the eWelink application.

I found that on the one I had, I had to open the box and change some dip switches.

S6 had to be set to 1 and K5 had to be set to all 1's (closest to the relays).

I have yet to test it beyond basic functionality, but there does look like there is a bunch of Node-RED flows for it as well.

Just another solution for the toolbox!

Mike va3mw

Comments

• DL5VZ  Alexander
    DL5VZ Alexander Member
    edited January 2021
    Hello i use 2 Sonoff 1Channel webRelais for this job for years with my 6400M without problems, to start the radio remote. i can highly recommend them. with these switches i control my amp, antennaswitch, Reversible BOG and my symetric ATU from remote destination and it is working fine here. give it a try, 73s Alexander, DL5VZ
  • Ippolito
    Ippolito Member ✭✭
    Can the same wiring diagram also be used for my Flex 6300??
  • Im using a webswitch for the same purpose..... Controlling my Flex 6700 and controlling coax-relays

5 channels that can Switch 16A/230VAC

The good thing is that I only need a webbrowser to control it and do not need to run another app in my phone.

Have a look here: https://www.webswitch.se/wp/

/ Tilman SM0JZT

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.