Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

QSY - DAX IQ2 center frequency while fixed and locked

Options
I am in the process of setting up CW Skimmer (CWS) on my 6500 with two slices. Slice A will be utilized for Run or S&P while operating contests and slice B setup and dedicated to provide DAX IQ2 data for CWS with VFO set and locked to 14MHZ.

I have CWS working but was going in circles (counter-clockwise) while chasing the frequency differences between the two slices. I would set the center frequency in CWS to the reported value in DAX window and both frequencies would match, but after a simple QSY on slice A there would be a difference in reported frequency from CWS.

I eventually noticed while watching an open DAX window that DAX IQ2 (slice B) would QSY when I tuned to another station on slice A... one would believe both slices should be independent. The reported DAX IQ2 center frequency with both VFOs set to 14MHZ is 14.001306MHZ. When I QSY VFO A to 14.050MHZ, slice B DAX IQ2 center frequency QSYs to 14.051451MHZ.

What am I missing here?

Ken-W9KB

Comments

• Farmerkid
    Farmerkid Member ✭✭
    Options

Spent the day playing with setup changes etc. Then for enlightenment, re-read the setup notes on SDR-Bridge website. I better understand (though not completely) the way it was intended to be setup vs. my approach. Simple is better.

Thanks for looking.

Ken

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.