Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Slice Master has stopped launching WSJT-x

After years of good service, Slice Master has stopped launching WSJT-x. I get an error message on SM when I change the mode of the flex to DIGU of file contains no section headers then there is a path that flashes up that i can't read fast enough.

I have reloaded WSJT and SM with no change. re booting and re starting smart SDR also to not cure the problem.

Any suggestions?

Howard AE3T

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Missing features

Slice Master 6000 populates its list of Launch options by looking at your computer to see which supported programs are installed. If you have installed a supported program anywhere other than its default install location, Slice Master 6000 will not be able to find it and will not show the launch options for it.

You can fix this problem by manually editing Slice Master 6000's config.ini to indicate the actual location of the supported program. The config.ini file is located in

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\K1DBO\slice-master

Notepad or any other plain text editor should work fine.

Answers

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Howard, You might want to reach out to Don, K1DBO. He was very responsive to a problem that I had with SliceMaster and CW Skimmer.

Len, KD0RC

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭

Not sure if this is the problem, but Slice Master looks in a default directory for WSJT and JTDX. If there has been an upgrade that installs it elsewhere or you have installed it elsewhere or the path has changed SM won't find it.

Bob, WK2Y

• howardsh3t
    howardsh3t Member ✭✭

Bob,

I think this is the problem. Should I just re install WSJT again?

• WK2Y
    WK2Y Member ✭✭

Can't hurt to try.

• Mark W Scott
    Mark W Scott Member ✭✭

Since this has been out there for a while I'm guessing this issue has been resolved. When I've had this problem it's been due to my WSJT-X .ini file missing or blank. For example, this happened to me again recently with my 'A Slice'. I found that my 'WSJT-X - Slice A.ini' file existed but was blank. Once I copied copied the 'WSJT-X - Slice A.ini' file from my backup all was resolved and Slice Master automatically launched WSJT-X as expected.

• K1DBO
    K1DBO Member ✭✭✭

Mark,

It's hard to say what caused the problem in the first place, but your solution is a good one. Even without a backup to restore from, simply removing the blank config file should be enough to convince Slice Master to create a new one.

--Don

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.