Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Distortion on 15 meters using WSJT-X.

Operating FT8 using WSJT-X with my 6600M I am seeing this distortion but only on 15 meters. It happens on both and antenna and into a dummy load. Has anyone seen this before? WSPR operation has the same distortion.

As you can see 20 meters is fine.

Steve KD2OM

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

I have seen that. But on different bands. I have no inkling as to it’s origin.

Ed, KA9EES

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭

Looks like switching power supply noise, This can be caused by Wall warts, Station Power supplies, UPS 's, furnaces, Washer machines, LED light bulbs, Solar panel inverters and chargers, Televisions you name it.

If you have solar panels with Microinverters your out of luck unless your installers can be pressured into swapping them out with RF quiet Microinverter.

To test this put the Radio on a 12V Battery and, then turn off the AC Power to the whole house if it is gone then it is in your house somewhere if it is in your home then turn ALL the sub breakers OFF and turn the main Breaker on, Make sure you still don't have the noise, do this after each step and if it is still quiet turn one breaker on at a time checking the radio for ANY noise after each breaker is turned on, then go to the next breaker and repeat the test when the noise comes back on then unplug / turn off all the devices on that breaker and then plug them in one at a time, when the noise come on you found the culprit.

If you have close neighbors it may be in your neighbors home it could be coming from your neighbors and good luck with that.

As strong as the Signals are I would bet it is in your home somewhere.

hope this helps

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Bret, his issue is on TX.

No clue what it is.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.