Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

RCA Ports Disabled

Options
Dwayne_AB6A
Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
edited October 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

I have an Amp and now and then I find the RCA port (RCA TX1) is disabled in TX Band Settings for the specific band I am operating on (20M, 40M etc) . I'm assuming a bug and it is easy to bypass (just re-enable the port), but is there something technical I am doing wrong which would cause the software to disable a RCA port?

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Dwayne

There are a few things to check, but which model of radio and witch version of the software are you running?

You can do a profile save if you like and then do a reset on the radio and see if that solves your problem.

A screen shot of your TX Band Settings window would help too.

Mike va3mw

• Phil Moore M0TZZ
    Options
    This also happens to me - highly frustrating! I have a 6400, SSDR 3.1.12. It is fine for hours or days and then deletes the RCA TX1 checkbox for the band i'm using
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I had this problem pretty consistently when I first got my 6400. I eventually built 2 profiles for each band; one for CW and one for SSB. I also started using DDUtil at about the same time. Now when I change bands/modes, I use the profile. This seems to have nearly cured the issue. Every now and again, my amp does not key, and I have to re-enable the TX1 line for whatever band lost it. I can' find a pattern to it, so it is one of those near-impossible to find intermittent problems.

I can't tell if DDUtil had any effect, or if it is just coincidence. I don't really know if it is my use of profiles vs the band selector, but these are the things that I changed just prior to the problem almost going away.

Len, KD0RC

• Phil Moore M0TZZ
    Phil Moore M0TZZ Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thanks for the post - I use DDUtil now but it was happening before and after so I ruled that out. I only really use two profiles, one for digi and one for SSB (I have not managed to train my fist or ears). It seems to happen more in digi, but then that's where I spend a lot of time! It seems to happen on rare DX stations only :-( Maybe we will get a software update one day....
    73 Phil M0TZZ
  • Dwayne_AB6A
    Dwayne_AB6A Member ✭✭
    Options

I have sort of got used to it. It may be related to WSJT-X but I need to spend more time researching. I actually wish it was a feature as it has saved my amp once when I did a band switch and my antenna tuner did not reset.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.