Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Sorting memories

Doug
Doug Member ✭✭
edited January 2021 in Maestro

Is there any way to sort/order the entries in memory on a Maestro?

Not a big issue but darn frustrating to have to remember where in the list the net is that you are looking for is in order to select it. Even sorted by frequency would be helpful but by name would be ideal.

Best Answer

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    Answer ✓

@Doug This is not a current feature in the Maestro software. There is however a feature request, J8283, to add it.

Answers

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

Double click the column heading

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi Doug, there sure is. Open the Memory Channels window and click on the title of the column that you want to sort by. Click again to reverse the sort (A - Z or Z - A).

Len, KD0RC

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭

Geoff & Len,

Thanks for the fast reply and it would be great if I were running software on a computer but I have no columns and no way of clicking on a Maestro.

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭

OK, well no Maestro here so passing the ball...

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭

Edited the original question to include reference to the maestro since posting it in the maestro section didn't let anyone know that the question was aimed at the maestro.

Thanks for the attempt.

47 & 73

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Doug:

Bring up the SSDR memory screen. If you click on the column label (Group,Frequency, Name, etc) the screen will be sorted per that column.

I edit/label my memories in the "GROUP" column per band (160,80,40 etc) and by function (NET, FT8, CW) . By clicking on the "GROUP" column I can sort the screen by function. The "GROUP" column alternates between numeric and alpha each time you click on it. The sort appears numerically by the lowest number at the top and alphabetically (z at the top). The secondary sort in this case appears to be by frequency. Play with this scheme to see if it helps or give you some ideas. This is one way and probably not the best. I do similar labeling with profiles to order the display sequence.

Gayle K0FLY

• K0FLY
    K0FLY Member ✭✭✭

Sorry I missed Maestro i your post. It looks like you can edit the memory name with the Maestro. Bring up the Memory Menu and edit the name with your net name.

Gayle K0FLY

• Doug
    Doug Member ✭✭

Having now spent 5 hours playing with the screens and searching in the manual for a solution I come to the conclusion that there is no way to put the memories in any specific order on the Maestro. They are not even displayed in the order they were entered. Changing Name, Group and Owner have no impact even after a shutdown and restart. (thought maybe changes wouldn't take effect until reloaded)

Not seeing much point in having memories on the Maestro if I can manually enter in less time than it takes me to find it in the memory list. So sad.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.