Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 front panel keypad

I just purchased this rig used and have it up and running with reasonable transfer of knowledge from my previous Anan-100 rig experience. I do have a couple of questions I haven’t found in the manual, Flex community, and YouTube (my ultimate Elmer).

1. What does the front keypad control (Up, Down, Right, Left, OK)?

2. Is it possible to set the receive scale (up/down) independently from the transmit?

3. Why the long boot time from a cold power up?

The software is well thought out and fairly intuitive. It was a breeze to setup FT-8 with my online Elmer.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ken-W9KB

Answers

• Farmerkid
    Farmerkid Member ✭✭
    New station setup with Flex 6500 (replaces ANAN-100)
  • George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    1. Not much beyond providing some diagnostic readings. This feature was removed on later models. No operating controls, sadly.
    2. You mean the panadapter strength axis (vertical)? If so, no. You could create two panadapters, scaled for TX and RX, I suppose.
    3. Nature of the beast. It’s a pretty powerful little server, and does have a power-on test sequence, too. After a while, it becomes part of the drill and not a big concern. No reason to regularly turn it off, really, so you can let it run like any other server.

Congrats on the 6500. I loved mine so much, I traded up to a 6600!

• Farmerkid
    Farmerkid Member ✭✭
    George, Thanks for the feedback... that explains everything I was curious about.

I thought about leaving the 6500 running, but may have to change power supplies... I have an Astron Linear and that makes a little heat, probably no big deal given electric pool heater, dryer etc.

Ken-W9KB

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.